The curriculum encompasses enquiry, proactive discussions and creativity. Learning activities encourage autonomy, risk-taking, responsibility, and conflict resolution in order to provide the students with a sense of achievement. Learning is based upon exploration, observation, imitation, self-discovery, manipulation and direct experience with interesting resources.
The teachers use a variety of strategies including individual, small and whole group activities, a balance between structured & non-structured experiences as well as provisions for quiet time, to cater to all learning styles and development levels. While respecting the student’s first language and encouraging the practice of Mandarin, teachers are committed to reinforce the use of English Language throughout the School.
The curriculum design caters to students who want to take advantage of the best and latest learning innovations from around the world and in Indonesia. The elementary years is the foundation period for children to gain the thinking, social, physical, creative, problem – solving skills to prepare for more versatile training in the middle school and high school years.
The teachers, local and expatriate, are trained to deliver a rigorous learning programme. They are experienced and qualified to equip students with international skills and outcomes. This is done with care and with positive encouragement, always Skillfully empowering students to discover and take ownership of their own learning. In turn, this will generate confidence, self-esteem and greater interest. Care is given to foster teamwork and relationship-building to cultivate the emotional intelligence of each student.
The 6-year learning journey with Binus School Serpong will be a memorable milestone in the students’ personal growth, opening doors to placements in top local and overseas universities and ultimately success in life beyond the walls of the school. A broad range of subjects that cover local & international content. Information Communication Technology (ICT), Science, General and Social streams are offered at Grades 9 & 11 deliver a customised education for students. Discovery of student's aptitude & talents through exploration such as Student-led School Coaching Programmes (SCP).
About GCE International A Level and Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level
- Its high profile amongst English-medium schools around the world.
- Its reputation as a rigorous programme that encourages high academic standards.
- Provides in-depth knowledge & life-long skills that are excellent preparation for employment.
- Offers students a flexible course of study that gives them freedom to select the subjects that are right for them.
- Its acceptance by universities and colleges worldwide as a reliable record of students` attainment that can count towards entrance requirements.
- International GCE A Level is a ‘gold` standard qualification with an excellent reputation
- It has exactly the same value in admitting students to all universities as its UK equivalent. It is also accepted as an entry qualification by universities of the European Union, on a par with the UK GCE A Level, French Baccalaureate, the German Abitur, etc.
- Good grades at A & AS Level can result up to 1 full year of advanced standing or credit at universities in the USA & Canada.